Monday, November 29, 2010

Shifting My Focus


I made a tough decision over the Turkey Holiday.


I have shut down the PAMM effective Monday, November 29, 2010. I think I can better serve the trading community with a new PAMM sometime in Q1 2011 focusing exclusively on the gold and silver market. Stay tuned to the blog as I role out the details in the future. It will be a better PAMM – lower fees, focused exclusively on the precious metals.

I didn’t do this because I had a couple of losing days; I actually did this because I believe going forward into 2011 [and beyond] the major fiat currency pairs [EURUSD, etc.] will be subject to the most massive manipulation and intervention schemes the world has ever seen. How it’s going to turn out I have no idea.

Gold and silver are classic manipulated markets; but once you know how the manipulation schemes work, you can take advantage of them. I have traded both for over 30 years. So, why didn’t I trade these markets much over the last 4 – 6 weeks? Well, it was a classic case of being underfunded in the PAMM account along with heightened volatility that raised the risk levels to an unacceptable level.

The algorithm will always work, but the sad reality is that when market volatility is extremely high, the losses get raised also. No big deal to me, but investors and small traders get spooked easily.

I’m going to continue the blog and give you my insights into trading. I hope you all stick around and continue to support the blog by reading my posts and telling others about them.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments